If you wish to actively use the Donation Messages and Fundraising Campaigns services, you must register via the registration form and provide complete and truthful information about yourself. Once you have submitted the registration form, we will verify your details by sending a confirmation message to the e-mail address you entered. To complete your registration, you will need to click on the confirmation link contained in the e-mail. The operator will then activate your user account. When your account is activated, a usage agreement is concluded that allows you to publish your own content on this website free of charge.
Please note that you have no legal claim to the activation of a user account or to permission to post content to the website. The operator’s right to deny access applies without limitation.
You are the only person permitted to use your user account. You are responsible for ensuring that your user account is protected from abuse. You must therefore make sure that third parties do not gain access to your login details.
3. SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE OPERATOR
The Questions and Answers service allows users to submit questions to the operator. Users do not need to be registered to use this service. The operator will publish the question and a corresponding answer on its website at its own discretion. The operator reserves the right to not answer questions, to not publish questions, and to delete, without giving a reason, questions and answers that have already been published. There may be a delay before questions and answers are published.
The Prayer Requests service allows users to submit requests for prayers. Users do not need to be registered to use this service. The operator will publish prayer requests on its website at its own discretion. The operator reserves the right to ignore prayer requests, to not publish prayer requests, and to delete, without giving a reason, prayer requests that have already been published. There may be a delay before prayer requests are published.
The Donation Message service allows users to donate symbolic bricks and thereby provide the operator with financial support for its project, which is building The House of One in Berlin. This service is subject to a charge. Every time a user makes a donation, they undertake an obligation to make the payment. Users must only cover the cost of their donation; no other costs apply. Once users have made their payment, they can choose to write a message about their donation and upload a photo of themselves. The operator will publish the user’s message and picture, together with his/her full name and country of origin, on its website at its own discretion. The operator reserves the right to not publish messages and photos, and to delete, without giving a reason, messages and photos that have already been published. Once a user’s donation has arrived in the donation account, the operator will send the user an e-mail confirming the payment. The e-mail will also contain a link that will allow the user to access and download the donation certificate and donation receipt. There may be a delay before donation messages are published.
The Fundraising Campaigns service allows users to set up their own fundraising campaign. To set up a fundraising campaign, users must register by providing complete and truthful information about themselves and by submitting a complete and truthful fundraising campaign proposal via the online form. The operator will publish the fundraising campaign, together with the full name and country of origin of the user who submitted the campaign proposal, on the website at its own discretion. The operator reserves the right to not publish fundraising campaigns and to delete, without giving a reason, fundraising campaigns that have already been published. There may be a delay before fundraising campaigns are published.
4. USER OBLIGATIONS
- Publishing offensive or untruthful content, or any other kind of content that violates general personality rights.
- Publishing content that is protected by law, in particular content that is protected by copyright and trademark law.
- Publishing the same content on the website multiple times. Please note that, for technical reasons, uploading your content will be subject to a delay.
- Publishing advertising of any kind on the website.
As a user of this website, you undertake to review your posts before publishing them. All content that you publish on this website can be indexed by search engines. Users are not entitled to claim that such search engine entries be deleted or corrected by the operator.
5. USAGE RIGHTS
The operator accepts no responsibility for the content published by users, in particular for its accuracy, completeness, and currency.
7. TERMINATION OF USE
The agreement on using this website applies indefinitely and can be cancelled by the operator or user at any time and without observing a notice period. If users wish to terminate their agreement, they can do so by logging in, going to My Profile, and clicking on “Delete profile.”
Once the agreement has ended, the operator is entitled to block the user’s account. The operator is also entitled – but not obliged – to delete the content created by the user. Users are not entitled to have the content they published transferred back to them.
I agree that the personal data (surname, first name, address, e-mail address) contained in my user account can be stored and used to manage and oversee my user account.
You can withdraw your consent to data storage at any time. If you wish to do so, simply log in, go to My Profile, and click on “Delete profile.” Your account will be deleted as soon as all pending donations have been completed.
NETIQUETTE OF THE HOMEPAGE OF THE HOUSE OF ONE AND ITS SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
Dear users of the website of the House of One and its social media channels,
because we consider a fair conduct in the network as essential, we want also to capture a few rules for us all. We hope it will help to keep the side of the House of One and their social media channels open and interactive. We will follow this "netiquette" - and we want you to follow them as well.
- Racist, xenophobic, sexual or offensive content are undesirable on our side. We will delete this content and block this user on our website if necessary.
- Neither should be used the fan pages of the House of One as a platform for commercial content. Corresponding postings will we delete and block this user in the case of recurrence.
- All posts and comments should be related to the House of One. For "private conversations" we ask you to use your own channels.
- The "flooding" of the sites and channels with a plurality of similar posts and comments within a short period by one and the same person leads to the blocking of this user.
- Comments and statements that were not written in English or German, can not be considered and will be deleted from the page. As a non-profit organization we have limited resources and ask you therefore for understanding in this issue.
- If the comment or post function do not provide enough characters for a statement, please indicate with a link to the full version. Messages that are located in several posts and / or posts, will be deleted for the sake of user-friendliness. In case of recurrence and indicated references we will lock the user.
- Identity of users: We work transparently and with an open visor. We expect the same from our fans. People with "fake profiles", who sign in with clearly destructive reasons specifically to individual fan pages and agitate there, miss in our view the purpose of the social media channels. Here we will keep ourselves explicitly the option of deletion.
We regret that it requires these formal rules: We think that we can use it to provide a clear basis for action for all. The discussions on our fan pages and channels shall hereby not be curtailed in any way. The above rules are as well not set in stone, but will be continuously developed in cooperation with you. Therefore your comments and suggestions on this netiquette are always welcome.
With best regards,
Your team of the House of One