House of One is looking for young participants for a German-Georgian Youth Exchange Program taking place October 2019 in Berlin
We are looking for individuals between 18 and 24 years old who share the House of One’s idea of peaceful togetherness and want to take part in a youth exchange with our partners from the city of Tbillisi and the greater Republic of Georgia. The youth exchange will take place in Berlin from the 19th – 27th of October.
Bishop Malkhaz Songulashvili, international House of One ambassador, has lived the House of One’s idea of peaceful dialogue and cooperation between religions for over 20 years in Georgia and the Caucaus region. For his multifaceted work for mutual respect between different religions, Bishop Malkhaz was awarded with the 2015 “Shabaz Bhatti Peace Prize.”
Bishop Ilia Osepashvili leads the Peace Academy with the help of others. This organization regularly organizes youth camps for young Christians, Muslims, and other youth to come together. They learn and live with one another in order to fight prejudice and build relationships and friendships that did not exist before, and transcend the boundaries of religion. In the spring of 2018, the first youth exchange took place with young individuals from Germany visiting Georgia and the Peace Academy. They joined in and the experienced these joint encounters.
In the fall of 2019, we want to continue with the second part of the youth exchange. We are now inviting young individuals from Georgia to Berlin in return for their hospitality.
What do we have planned?
- See the tentative schedule here
- Participants will arrive in Berlin and have a getting-to-know-you meeting with each other. We plan on undertaking the following activities together over the week:
- Hearing reports from the participating institutions
- Teamwork exercises for the German and Georgian participants
- Learning about the development of religious services and participation in these services
- Visits to different places of worship in Berlin and the surrounding areas
- Attending peace and religion related events and places
- An Excursion to Brandenburg
- Lessons and group work with students from associated schools, helping develop and elaborate upon the main themes and focal points (Youth Ambassador House of One Charter)
The main topics and possibilities for personal contribution are:
- Designing interactive workshops for students from different religious contexts
- Video or photographic documentation of the exchanges and meetings
- Drafting a report on the interreligious work of the House of One
- Documentation and Participants’ Journals through mixed multimedia (Photo journal, Video Journal, Recordings, Blog – all project ideas welcome!)
Support and How to Take Part:
The Youth Exchange is supported through the EU Erasmus+ Program: JUGEND IN AKTION. Additionally, to fully pay for this program we ask participants who can to contribute a modest amount.
Please send your short motivation letter or any questions to:
email@example.com / +49 15 75 75 988 75